Ecstatic Management t/a Champ Ruby
ABN 17 167 855 839
1. Your rights in relation to privacy
Ecstatic Management t/a Champ Ruby (Champ Ruby) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information.
This policy sets out how Champ Ruby aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Champ Ruby and the way Champ Ruby collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, Champ Ruby complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and all relevant Australian privacy laws.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
2. What kinds of personal information does Champ Ruby collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its products and/or services, Champ Ruby may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Champ Ruby collects are:
1. contact and identification information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address or other types of verification details;
2. where you are acting on behalf of another entity (whether as an employee, director or other representative), details of that entity and your relationship with it;
3. sensitive information, including information about your gender, location, identity, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and/or criminal record;
4. any information relevant to the recruitment process, including sensitive information, where you are applying for a position with Champ Ruby and the information is relevant for your progress, or where you are an employee and the information is relevant to your employment with Champ Ruby; and
5. any other information required for Champ Ruby’s functions and activities.
Champ Ruby confirms that although relevant financial information may be collected through verified and secure third parties (eg Paypal, Xero, Stripe, Eventbrite and Zoom), Champ Ruby will not collect your financial details (eg bank account details) through these third parties.
In some circumstances Champ Ruby may also hold other personal information provided by you.
3. How does Champ Ruby collect personal information?
Generally, Champ Ruby collects your personal information directly from you, through the completion of a manual or online form via the ticketing platform and donation platforms, an interaction or exchange in person or by way of telephone, email, post or through the use of the Champ Ruby website (https://www.champruby.com).
Generally, Champ Ruby will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
4. Why does Champ Ruby need your personal information?
Champ Ruby collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
1. providing Champ Ruby’s services and products to you (or the organisation you represent) and all associated purposes including:
2. a) to verify your identity and contact details; and
b) to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
3. enabling Champ Ruby to promote its products and services to you including upcoming events;
4. assisting Champ Ruby to improve its products and services;
5. notifying you of Champ Ruby’s services and events;
6. maintaining donor records;
7. identifying and informing you of other products and services that may be of interest to you from Champ Ruby or selected third parties;
8. processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
9. your employment with Champ Ruby;
10.accounting, billing, mail out of purchases and other internal administrative purposes;
11.otherwise managing Champ Ruby’s internal business operations and processes; and
12.any other legal requirements.
Champ Ruby may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Champ Ruby to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented, or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Champ Ruby takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Champ Ruby. However, without certain information from you, Champ Ruby may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
5. To whom does Champ Ruby disclose your personal information?
Champ Ruby discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Champ Ruby collects it. That is, generally, Champ Ruby will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
1. third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
2. Champ Ruby’s professional advisors, agents, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate;
3. insurance providers;
4. recruitment and labour hire agencies (as required); and
5. regulatory bodies if and as necessary, including during audit processes.
Champ Ruby’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis and/or otherwise in accordance with law. Champ Ruby may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
6. Overseas disclosures
Champ Ruby is not likely to disclose any personal information to overseas recipients.
7. Direct marketing
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, Champ Ruby may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to inform interested persons or entities of products and services offered by Champ Ruby or to facilitate business relationships.
Individuals can opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting Champ Ruby on the contact details set out in paragraph 11 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication.
8. Security of personal information
Champ Ruby takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Champ Ruby holds personal information in electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only with the appropriate authentication keys and passwords by authorised staff.
Upon request, Champ Ruby will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Champ Ruby is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
9. Can you access and correct the personal information that Champ Ruby holds about you?
Champ Ruby takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Champ Ruby. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information Champ Ruby holds about you, or you would like more information on Champ Ruby’s approach to privacy, please contact Champ Ruby’s Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 11 below.
Champ Ruby will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
1. you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
2. Champ Ruby requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
3. Champ Ruby may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Champ Ruby for providing access in accordance with your request.
Champ Ruby will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
When you are accessing Champ Ruby’s website, Champ Ruby uses ‘cookies’ which are small pieces of information sent from the website and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies that Champ Ruby uses enable its systems to provide features of its services and allow you to visit its website without re-entering your username and/or password, personalize and improve your experience, and improve the functionality and user-friendliness of its services and monitor how its website is used through your computer.
Champ Ruby may also use targeting and tracking cookies to deliver relevant advertising to you during various advertising campaigns we may run. This may result in tailored advertising through participating third-party sites such as Facebook (including Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger), Google (including YouTube and Google Analytics), LinkedIn and Salesforce.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
This information is used by Champ Ruby to improve and tailor its website functionality and better understand how you interact with Champ Ruby’s products and services and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on its website.
You can modify your browser setting by editing your browser options to reject Champ Ruby’s cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. However, if a browser does not accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, some portions of Champ Ruby’s online services may not function properly.
11. How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact Champ Ruby’s Privacy Compliance Officer via the ‘Contact us’ page on this website.
12. Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to Champ Ruby’s Manager, Nathan Gunn. At all times, privacy complaints:
1. will be treated seriously;
2. will be dealt with promptly;
3. will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
4. will not affect your existing obligations or affect the arrangements between you and Champ Ruby.
Champ Ruby’s Manager will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
13. Additional information for residents for the European Union
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
In providing services to you, Champ Ruby may make use of a number of automated processes using your personal information and your activity on our website as tracked by us, in order to provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing tailored content to you through email communication, and on the website.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
2. request that Champ Ruby provides you with a copy of the personal information Champ Ruby holds about you in a portable and machine-readable form; or
3. request that Champ Ruby erases the personal information it holds about you.
These rights are subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege).
Should you have any concerns in relation to Champ Ruby’s collection and/or processing of your personal information, then in addition to the process set out under the heading “How to contact us” you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).